In an interview several years ago, Mary Tyler Moore said she fell in love with her husband, Dr. Robert Levine, because of two things:
- The way he cared for her mother as she was dying, and
- A breakfast he cooked for her once.
She then went on to explain how he made…
“Rocky Mountain Toast”
- Butter both sides of a piece of bread.
- Cut a hole in the middle with a biscuit cutter or tin can.
- Place bread on hot griddle.
- Break and egg inside the hole.
- Cook for a minute and a half.
- Turn and cook second side for a minute and a half.
- Toast both sides of the bread centers on the griddle.
It is an easy, inexpensive breakfast and it works great when you are camping.