I have a high metabolism…so high that people thought I was anorexic until I turned 40. Every doctor visit included the statement, “You could benefit from gaining some weight.”
After the big birthday, the doctor said, “You could benefit from losing some weight.”
I never was at the perfect weight; I was either underweight or overweight.
I have the same problem with this blog. When I was nominated for the Liebster Award I found I did not qualify. I’m too big.
“Hi from Grow. Cook. Eat. Share.! I’ve enjoyed checking out your blog lately! So much so, that I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out:
And the Liebster Award goes to….
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back up to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
When I read this rule I came to a screeching halt! At the time, I had over 500 followers and I am not eligible for the award. I’m too big.
I will take the time to answer the questions from Grow.Cook.Eat.Share.com
The 10 Questions for my nominees….
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Someone is listening to me! You know how your family tends to ignore what you say? Now I have an outlet.
2. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging? Reading, quilting, puzzles, embroidery, playing the piano, singing, learning the mandolin, painting, Spider Solitaire.
3. Who is one of the most inspirational people in your life? Jesus Christ, you can’t go wrong following Him.
4. Where do you go to “get away from it all”? My bedroom, my health keeps me housebound. My piano is in my bedroom!
5. What has kept you busiest this summer? Two blogs, a website and my 2 year-old granddaughter.
6. What has been your most successful experience in cooking or farming? Turning the garden over to my husband. I will make a farmer out of him yet!
7. What has been your most epic fail to do with cooking or farming? Trying to start plants from seeds. All of our windows block certain UV rays and the plants don’t have a chance.
8. What is your favorite food and why? Dark Chocolate because it is good for you!
9. How would you describe your region’s food culture? Grow your own comfort food.
10. What is your favorite childhood food memory? My grandmother rolling out pies every Saturday for Sunday dinner.
Thanks again to Growcookeatshare for the nomination! Everyone please check out her blog!!!