When I visited my brother last year, I fell in love with their Virginia sweet tea. I have always been a fan of sun tea, but they made me a convert. I watched my sister-in-law make it and started making mine the same way.
- Fill coffee carafe with water.
- Pour water in coffee maker.
- Put a scoop or two of sugar in the bottom of the carafe.
- Put in three black tea bags and one green tea bag.
- Brew as you would coffee.
- Stir the sugar in the bottom of the pot to let it completely dissolve.
- Pour into a gallon container.
- Add water to the container, to fill it and stir to combine.
The tea is sweet and there is no sugar wasted on the bottom of the pitcher.