1. Take a list and stick to it! Prioritize the lists for each person.
2. Stick to your clothing budget or use cash. Avoid temptations; be prepared.
3. Buy only the clothes and shoes you need. Buy the size kids are wearing now.
4. Be sure the cost per item is under $100.00. You will be taxed on items over the limit.
5. Shop the clearance racks first. Some stores will have items at 70%-80% off.
6. Buy the basic items first. Underwear and socks should be at the top of your list.
7. Buy the best quality you can afford. A good pair of jeans, not 3 cheap t-shirts.
8. Take advantage of packages that have an extra. Look for bonus packages.
9. Purchase durable styles and fabrics. Classic, not trendy.
10. Remember this is not a large discount. Your discount will be 6% or 7%.
Iowa’s Tax Free Weekend is scheduled for August 1-2, 2014.
The tax-exempt savings applies only to:
Clothing under $100
Shoes under $100