“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .””
― C.S. Lewis,
In response to Day #2 prompt, Write A List
For this assignment, I have taken a slightly different angle.
A List of the Top Ten Things I Learned Before I Was 10 (And Then Spent Years Unlearning):
1. You can’t be smart and pretty at the same time so make a choice and move on;
2. Only blond-haired blue-eyed girls are pretty;
3. Everyone else’s feelings are more important than yours;
4. When you share your passion for something with someone else and s/he laughs at you, don’t ever “share” again;
5. You are a geek if you read more than one book a week;
6. If someone has negative things to say about you, believe them because it must be true;
7. Keep it to yourself when your instincts tell you that a situation doesn’t feel right;
8. You’ll eventually learn to live with doing what is expected of you;
9. Crying is a sign of weakness that gets you nowhere so suck it up; and
10. If you do the same thing over and over again, maybe you’ll get a different result.
What were some of your “truths” as a child that you later realized were far from the truth?
©2015 Marquessa Matthews. All Rights Reserved.