Frugality is important to me, but safety is even more important!
When I was in high school, our family had a house fire that destroyed the upstairs. I lost everything. I don’t mess around with fire.
Once there was smoke in the laundry room and I called the fire department. One of the young guys gave me a hard time because there was no longer smoke and they couldn’t find any fire.
The fire chief jumped down his throat. He growled, “If you lived through the kind of fire she lived through you would call at the first sign of smoke, too.”
Then they moved the dryer vent and saw the insulation board was burned.
I love candlelight, but you cannot leave the room when a candle is burning. I was thrilled when flame-less candles were introduced.
When I decorated for Valentine’s Day, I got out two small lamps that used tea lights. I was able to put them in my china cabinet because of the flame-less tea lights. I could never do that with a regular tea light. It is especially pretty at night.
©2009-2016 frugalfish.org. All Rights Reserved