Last month, David and I spent 10 days in Israel. It was amazing!
Now, when I read my Bible, I understand so much more because I saw what they were talking about. I “Read Today” about towers.
2 Chronicles 26:5, “He continued to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding through the vision of God; and as long as he sought the Lord, God prospered him.”NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE
God prospered Uzziah as long as he sought Him. What did he do with the money?
- He built and restored, 26:2.
- He built new cities, 26:6.
- He fortified the walls and built towers in Jerusalem, 26:9.
- He built towers to protect his livestock, 26:10.
- He dug many cisterns to water his livestock, 26:10.
- He supplied his army with armaments, 26:14.
- He created new engines of war, 26:15.
But when he became strong, his heart became proud and he acted corruptly. He was unfaithful to God, 2 Chronicles 26:16. He thought he could do whatever he wanted. He decided to be the leader of the church. He tried to burn incense in the sanctuary. Only the priest is allowed to burn incense, 26:16-18.
When God sends a monetary blessing, I am to build, restore, or fortify!
You can read more about our trip at thisyearsbiblereadingguide.com.
©2009-2022 frugalfish.org. All Rights Reserved.