The year was 1991. We received a gold swag light from my in-laws. That is why the picture us blurry and grainy. They didn’t have digital cameras back then. I had two children and we made Christmas cookies with two of the neighbor’s children. (Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of each step.)
- 1999 – Replaced the globes with larger ones.
- 2008 – Painted the globes cobalt blue with glass paint.
- 2012 – Spray painted the metal and chain a matte black. Then I dabbed matte brown paint and antique gold paint on it to mimic “oil-rubbed bronze.”
- 2013 – Installed a white snap-on, cord cover to hide the chain.
- 2014 – Turned the metal arms to point up instead of down.
- 2015 – Painted the raised features antique gold to highlight them.
- 2016 – Added Christmas ornament drops.
- 2017 – Added Star Christmas ornaments.
- 2018 – Moved the light up to the ceiling and tightened the chain.
- 2019 – Added oval, faceted Christmas ornament drops and round, faceted Christmas ornament drop to the center.
My point is…ask yourself, “What can I do to make me love you?” Don’t dispose of it – DIY it! I dreamed of a chandelier and made my own.
©2010-2019 frugalfish.org. All Rights Reserved.